Alternatively, to add a control, you can also
double-click it from the Toolbox and it would be added to the top-left
section of the form.
If you want to add a certain control many times,
before selecting it on the Toolbox, press and hold Ctrl. Then click it in
the Toolbox. This permanently selects the control. Every time you click
the form, the control would be added. Once you have added the desired
number of this control, on the Toolbox, click the Pointer button to
dismiss the control.
Learning: Using the Toolbox
- Start Microsoft Visual C#
- To create a new application, on the main menu, click File -> New
- In the Templates list, click Windows Application
- Set the Name to DesignPractice1 and click OK
- On the main menu, click View -> Toolbox.
Position the mouse on the Toolbox word and wait for
the Toolbox to expand
- Click the Label button
and position the mouse on the form
- Click the form
- Click the middle of the form to select it (the form)
- To add another control, position the mouse again on the Toolbox word until
the Toolbox has expanded
- Find and double-click the TextBox button
- To use a hidden area of the form, position the mouse on the Toolbox word.
When the Toolbox has expanded, click the Auto Hide button
- On the Toolbox, click the TreeView button
and click the left section of the form
- After using the Toolbox, to hide it, click the Auto Hide button
- To execute the application, on the main menu, click Debug -> Start
- After using it, close the form and return to your programming environment
We mentioned earlier how you could add a control many times.
An alternative is to copy a control. To do this, on the form:
- Right-click the control and click Copy. Right-click another area of the
form and click Paste
- Click (once) the control you want to copy
Press and hold Ctrl. Then drag the selected control to another area of the
form. The mouse cursor would display a + plus indicating that the control is
Once you get to another area of the form, release the mouse and Ctrl
You can use these two techniques to copy a group of